Jackson County REC 4 - review from Shawn
What a might God we serve! The process leading up to this weekend reminded me of Gideon and God's army. Gideon started with 32,000 men and God brought it down to just 300. When I first started looking at the potential list, I was feeling the strength in numbers. Then little by little, the Lord reduced the number to the exact men we needed. During team training, it was humbling to see how the Lord brought the team together. Invitation night at the jail was also encouraging. Men and women in each pod were already living out their faith. We were encouraged to see the jail staff so open about their own faith and love of God. Holy Spirit had been working on the residents long before we arrived. They were eager to know more and be prayed over. As we got closer to the weekend, the Lord filled in the final positions and details become more clear. Then the weekend began.
The men were very receptive and friendly, but became more alive in Christ each day. The songs were sung with strength and joy as men surrendered their self unto the Lord. I can't possibly put into words all that happened during this weekend. I can tell you that many team members, who have worked many walks of Emmaus, Chrysalis, REC, and other jail ministry events said the same thing: "We have never seen anything like this before." I could tell by the look of amazement on their faces, they had truly seen only what our Living God could have done. They physically saw the presence of God on the residents and were left speechless. One team member said, "even if I had words to explain what I witnessed, no one would believe me." Another man said, "the presence of God was so thick in the room, you could feel it." Residents said the room felt different when they entered in after breaks. They could feel a difference in the atmosphere. What a blessing it is to witness the Lord of Hosts pour out his Spirit on the residents of Jackson County Jail.
We look forward to celebrating baptisms in March and follow-up visits in April. Keep sharing testimony of what the Lord has done.
I sought the LORD, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

Comments
Post a Comment
JACO REC 2